Half Year Review-where’s your life at?
The middle of the year is here with us, and the second half of 2012 has begun. Today I have spent some time thinking about the gone part of the year, the goals I had set and whether I have been achieving them or not.
There are three main developments we could make in our lives:-
- Integral development: Of those around you, i.e. family and society e.g. church, school, estate, etc using your skills, talents, abilities and responsibilities.
- Resource Development: In order to be able to facilitate the above e.g. having jobs so as to provide for your family.
- Personal Development: In order to build capacity for better and higher resource development e.g. completing your doctoral studies.
The question is, have you been making advancements in the above areas?
As I was doing my review, I looked at several things.
- Who am I, really? (Besides my name)
- What do I want my life to count for at the end of the day?
- How can I do this?
- Where can I do these things? (And with whom?)
- How about development?
- Who am I, really? (Besides my name) – I see myself as, and desire to be more and more of: A Princess to God, a Treasure to Myself, an Angel to my Family and a Gift to the World. As a princess I enjoy God being my Father, as a treasure to myself I give myself choice treatment, as an angel to my family I choose to love them no matter the situation, as a gift I offer what God has blessed me with freely e.g. counseling, mentoring, etc.
- What do I want my life to count for at the end of the day? I want to worship God in excellence in all that I do and thus inspire beyond my time and space.
- How can I do this – what abilities can enable me to do these important things in my life? I want to use my talents and abilities for this e.g. singing, writing, leading, planning & organizing things and people, art, poetry, etc
- Where can I do these things?(and with whom?) At home (e.g. during devotions, sing; in church – counseling, mentoring, reading announcements, moderating; with Amazing Girl Ministry write on this website, counsel girls one on one, in groups and virtually, have Amazing Girl Parties, etc
- How about development? Through the above, integral development. As for resource development, keep working at my job, and for personal development – reading (at least one book per week), subscribe to helpful websites, attend events that help me learn, grow through challenging projects and situations.
I also looked at what I could do to improve on the above, and I came up with a few things:-
- Work towards daily family devotions
- Regularize the above activities and improve their quality
- Pray and fast at least once a fortnight
Perhaps you could look through the same for yourself, and let me know whether you are making progress.
Looking forward to hearing from you,